Fire Protection in Micro-Environments
We utilize new technology in fire detection and suppression equipment which has revolutionized the protection of the micro-environment. Systems from Firetrace International use linear, pneumatic heat detection from a flexible, pressurized tube that is routed throughout a piece of vital equipment. This tubing is temperature sensitive and ruptures when exposed to fire. The rupture forms a “nozzle” that allows the fire suppression agent to flow directly from its storage cylinder to the fire’s source, stopping the fire before it grows. These systems are mounted “on-board” the equipment, require no electricity, and provide fire protection that is intended to “save” the asset from excessive damage as well as prevent the spread of fire.
These solutions seek to address fire protection for critical equipment that falls into the “micro-environment” category (250 cubic feet or less) that has long been viewed as impractical and cost-prohibitive.
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Firetrace Fire Suppression System in Port Power Substation Switchgears (Phase 1_7 Substations) and generators.
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Firetrace Fire Suppression System in Port Power Substation Switchgears (Phase 2_7 Substations) and generators.
- Supply and installation of Firetrace fire suppression system at KPLC Kipevu site.
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Firetrace fire suppression system at KPC PS 10 and PS 21 (Nairobi).
- Fire detection and automatic suppression system for upper and lower server rooms at KWAL head office.
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of an automatic fire suppression system to cover the bagasse store.
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of fire suppression system in the IPRS server room at Nyayo House, Nairobi.
- Supply and installation of fire suppression system for Flavour Room.
Intelligent Fire Detection
Xtinguish uses Hochiki’s intelligent range of automatic fire detection and alarm equipment. The systems are designed and manufactured to the highest international standards, offering life safety products and systems of incomparable reliability. This extensive range of products includes high performance sensors, a wide selection of input and output modules, and ancillaries.
Hochiki is one of the worlds' leading manufacturers of quality fire detectors and alarms for commercial and industrial applications, distinguished by its experience and expertise in this field since 1918. The analogue addressable and conventional systems available combine sophisticated functionality with simple operation, easy to installation and a very aesthetically pleasing design with its core philosophy dedicated to improving life and property safety.
Our company provides both the equipment and engineering services needed to get the right design giving the most innovative and efficient fire solutions. Instead of reporting alarms by general location or zones, Hochiki Intelligent Fire Alarm Control Panel can zero in on each device and identify its specific location and status, saving time and confusion in an emergency.
- Supply and installation of fire alarm, detection and suppression system at Golden Africa factory at Lukenya (LR No. 12648/88).
- Supply, Installation, and Commissioning of Fire detection and automatic suppression system for upper and lower server rooms at
- KWAL head office. Fire alarm system for KWAL head office. Fire alarm system for Nyeri, Nakuru, Mombasa & Kisumu KWAL depots.
Emergency Evacuation Lighting using FIREscape
FIREscape is an intelligent, low-voltage, emergency lighting system that incorporates the latest in LED and battery technologies. Designed, manufactured and tested in the UK, the system is based around an emergency lighting control panel with battery backup and features addressable, self-contained luminaires and signage interconnected via traditional extra low-voltage cabling.